If you received an email from me this morning that you’d already received before, I’m sorry.
We moved DNS on our servers for a few days ago and I was meant to be testing everything was still working okay, in the way I showed Business Ignition members this month. But… I didn’t change the list to my test list.
That’s a prime example of do what I say… “test you sending ability” but don’t do what I do… “forget to change your mailing list to the test one“.
I blame it on the fact that I’m feeling kinda frazzled.
Max has had a bit of a cold for a few days. On Monday we decided to take him into hospital as he was being sick.
With a sore throat and ears, he had all the signs of a viral infection, so we came home.
On Tuesday it got worse and he began to get lethargic, by early evening on Tuesday he could barely hold his head up.
After he projectile vomited everywhere, we went straight back into Peterborough hospital, who began monitoring him.
Thanks to a superb paedeatric registrar, she decided to do scans at 3am whilst making sure Addenbrookes were on stand-by to check them.
At 4:30am the scans were sent over and a shunt malfunction was confirmed, with an emergency transfer,
By the time Holly and Max got to Addenbrookes he was completely unresponsive.
Addenbrookes, once again proving themselves to be incredible, had him in surgey within 45 minutes of arrival.
A three hour operation and the malfunctioning parts of the shunt had been replaced.
Today Max seems to be recovering well, he’s woken up and is smiling. He’s playing with his toys again and, if there’s no infection, he may even be home by the end of the week.
As I’d come home to get some sleep on Tuesday night, I wasn’t fully aware of how very close we had been to losing him.
It was only on the way home from the hospital last night that it hit with full force.
For the third time in eight months both Peterborough and Addenbrookes have saved his life.
I will never be able to put into words how grateful I am.